Thursday, October 4, 2012

EDM 18 - View from My Window

The View from My Window - Mixed Media - By Ana Tirolese ©2012
The View from My Window
Mixed Media
When I sit in my corner of the sofa, I am close to the patio-doors in our living room. We don't have windows in our apartment, but rather two patio doors, one in the bedroom, and one in the living room. We are on the 10th floor of our apartment building and face the street.

What you see here is my view from my sofa corner. I pulled the curtain back a bit so I could look outside. That is my brown curtain on the right. At the top you see the roof our our balcony (or the bottom of the upstairs balcony). Then you see cloudy sky. The two black areas is my veranda (railing). You can see the tops of buildings between the top and bottom sections of the veranda (railing). At the bottom you see a bit of street and some tree tops between the bottom of the veranda and the floor of my balcony.

I used ink, watercolour, and Derwent Inktense pencils, both wet and dry.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like it how the buildings just peep over the railing. This is like a few drawings in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Koosje, Yes, it is like a few drawings in one. The railing blocks out the middle part, which is a shopping complex that is across the street (and in my opinion, a blight on the landscape. I am tempted to create this into a real painting someday.

      Delete