Sunday, July 29, 2012

Every Day Matters #10 - Draw Your Hand

EDM 10 - Draw your hand. My Hand. Pen and Ink with Digital Colour by Ana Tirolese © 2012
My Hand
Pen and Ink with Digital Colour

Over the years I have often made drawings of my hand(s). It is a ready model.  Whenever I really want to draw something but am not sure what to draw, I draw my hand.

Hands and feet are frequently said to be the most difficult things to draw. I used to feel this way, but now I have had lots of practice and am no longer intimidated by hands or feet. Noses and ears are another story! 

Here are some previous posts that have drawings of my hands:
My husband says he can recognize my hands anywhere. He knew immediately that the above was a drawing of my hand. Mind you, he has been looking at my hands for over 30 years!

I have these weird looking knuckles on the middle joints of my fingers with excess skin. It creates valleys and peaks of skin. 

My Hand. Photo of Ana Tirolese's Hand taken by Ana Tirolese with iPhone, July 14, 2012 ©
My Hand
Photo with iPhone by Ana Tirolese

I have attempted to take a photo of my hand in as close a pose to the drawing as possible. You can see my knuckles in this photo. (Nails by Bill and Lily of Top Fashion Nails, Sherwood Forest Mall, London, Ontario Canada.)

I took some more photos of my hand (on July 15, 2012) so you can see my crazy knuckles. I have painted my nails silver in hopes of hiding the fact that I am overdue to get my nails done.

Ana Tirolese's Hand
My caved-in fleshy knuckles. No matter how thin my
hands are, I always have that excess of flesh around
the knuckles on my fingers.
Photo by Ana Tirolese, taken with iPhone

Ana Tirolese's finger
You can see how my fingers curve upward at the knuckles.
Photo by Ana Tirolese, taken with iPhone

Ana Tirolese's hand
I can do this with my fingers. Yes, it looks awful and painful.
It is not painful. However, it kept me from playing guitar
because they would sometimes get stuck in this position (It has nothing
to do with the fact that I have no musical talent).
Photo by Ana Tirolese, taken with iPhone

Ana Tirolese's curving fingers
A better view of how my fingers curve upward at the joint.
Photo by Ana Tirolese, taken with iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment